Publication by Taylor and Francis is expected mid-February 2019 in hardback and as an e-book. The Chapters are:
2. The Police before the Great War
3. Controversies over the War Separation Allowance
4. Policing Alcohol
5. The Rise of Women
6. Living Costs
7. Pensions and Philanthropy
8. Conscription and the Police
9. Policing Sexual Health
10. The Police as Ploughmen and Farm Workers
11. The Impact of Conscription
12. Youth Crime
13. The Police and Food Control
14. The Corrupting Effects of the Cinema
This is an immensely exciting history project which has taken me to many archives around Britain and many British libraries.
These blogs give you snippets of some of the excitment at the finds I have made, as well as the sadness of some of the book's contents.